Jharkhand- Law and Order
"Law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress."
-Martin Luther king
The law is nothing but a set of rules used to control the behaviour of people in a society. The law: tells you what you must do, tells you what you must not do and tells you what others may not do to you. In other words the law tells you about your legal 'rights' and 'duties'. Punishment is part of the set of rules. If you do not follow the rules, then you can be punished. Without laws there would be confusion, fear and disorder in society. But this does not mean that all laws are fair. So a law can be unfair and still be the law. Every society agrees that some laws are necessary. But the laws should be made in a democratic way, so that they will be just and fair. Maintaining law and order is one of the most tedious tasks because if it is not done in a regulated manner there would be chaos and havoc. It is maintained by the various departments who work in sync with each other.
Names of the departments are:-
Functions of this department :
- Judicial Section.
- Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure
- Civil Procedure including the law of limitation
- Evidence and Oaths, recognition of law, public acts and records and judicial Proceedings
- Marriage and divorce, infants and minors, adoption
- Wins intestacy, and succession save as regards agricultural land
- Transfer of property other than agricultural planed
- Trusts and Trustees, other than Religious and Charitable Endowment and Trusts for educational purposes
- Contracts, agency, contract of carriage and other special form of contract but not including contracts relating agricultural land
- Bankruptcy and insolvency, Administrators General and officials Trustees
- Administration of justice, constitution, organization jurisdiction and powers of all courts within the State except the Supreme Court and the High Court and fees taken therein; procedure in Rent and Revenue